Saturday, October 2, 2010

Here come the Hendricks'


We have so much to be thankful for this year. Maddie will welcome a new baby sister (mini Chad #2 I like to call her) on or around Thanksgiving day. My actual due date is 11/25/10 which happens to be Thanksgiving! We are so happy and cant wait for Madde to meet her new "be be" as she says. She is going to be such a loving and wonderful big sister.
Chad and I got the 'positve' HPT in late March. It was Saturday night and we were heading to an engagement party for some friends of ours Courney and Kevin and there would be an open bar full of adult beverages in which I wanted to indulge since we had an overnight sitter. Sometime that afternoon I began having the reminesent nausea that I had for 14 weeks of my pregnncey with Maddie. I told Chad we needed to take a test to make sure I wasnt pregnant before the party. I took one, didnt really see the two pink lines clearly so I took the non-dollar store test and once again had Chad and Maddie look first..Chad was so proud when I heard him yelling "Maddie is going to be a big sister". I ofcourse started to cry. Needless to say, I felt so sick at the party and we ended up having to leave early :( This was a very planned baby, we thught with my PCOS diagnosis in September of 09 and all the medication the Dr's put me on that getting pregnant was not in the near future. In January we decided to start 'trying' and I went off all of my meds except for the Metformin, which I had to take until after week 12 of the pregnancy to prevent miscarriage. My OB told us not to get our hopes up since most women with PCOS dont become pregnant within 6 months to a year of their own efforts. I was worried but knew that I had obviously gotten pregnant before so we werent going to stress about it utill need be.
Just like my pregnancy with Maddie, I puked everyday, several times a day for 14 weeks..goodtimes and ten times harder when you have a mixture of 110 degree Florida summer heat, and a 25 pound 2 year old that wasnt walking yet to tote around to daily appointmets and therapy. Non the less we survived and are nausea free for the most part! I have had many ask if we had any sort of prenatal testing done with this pregnancy..the answer is no. No triple screen, quad screen or amnio. Chad for the most part left the decision up to me but we both agree that no matter what we want this baby and feel a prenatal diagnosis of anyting would not change our feelings. I did have my OB refer me to the high risk Dr (differnt one than I saw with Maddie) and I did have an in depth 20 week ultrasound looking for anything of health concern i.e. heat defects, enlarged kidneys ect. I have a 1/100 chance of having another baby with trisomy 21 since I have had a previous baby with it. Still confusig to me since based on my age my chance is 1/1000 and its known that the type of DS maddie has is not inherited. Who knows, stats are weird. Not my best subject in college! So far the baby looks great, and Im even measuring a week ahead according to my last ultrsound at 30 weeks. Chad surprised me with a 3D/4D ultrasound with a video so we got some great pictures of our sweet mini-chad #2.







No comments:

Post a Comment