Saturday, November 13, 2010

Only 2 weeks to go!

Mini Chad #2 will be here pretty much any day now, I am due on Thanksgiving day but I feel I will more than likely pass my due date. That's totally fine with me because it gives me more time with Maddie and to get things prepared, like umm packing my hospital bag (procrastination much??)

I have so many mixed feelings about being a mom for the second time, everything from the extreme excitement to sadness and guilt for Maddie losing some of my attention. I know the first year will be difficult but this is what we wanted for our family, I wanted Maddie to have a sibling who would be close in age and be a great companion for her. I cant wait for them to share holidays and summer vacations together. I know in my heart they will be close always.
I also have some other fears of what will be in the next week or two, not too many are rational but non the less on my mind. Here they are in order, #1 being my greatest worry..

#10 That our new little girl will have Down Syndrome

#9 I will not have enough attention to share with my girls equally

#8 Maddie will resent me and the baby in the beginning

#7 Maddie will get sick and the hospital wont let her visit her new baby sister

#6 I wont be able to nurse, I pumped for over a year every ounce of milk Maddie ever had, so this is going to be my first nursing experience

#5 Chad and I are going to argue because of the stress of having 2 children, we rarely do at all now.

#4 That the baby will get sick since she is coming in the heart of cold and flu season

#3 That something will go wrong with collecting the cord blood (we are banking the baby's cord blood)

#2 That our little girl will in fact prove that Maddie's hearing loss is genetic and also be hearing impaired

#1 That I wont get to go home WITH her.

Its easy for everyone to say I'm being a "worry wart" or over dramatic in my fears but until you've walked in our shoes you can't even begin to judge them. We are so blessed to have the chance to be parents again and for our daughter to have a sibling, no matter what the outcome :)

Now on to some fall/Halloween 2010 photos. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment